Hi guys, in this post we will talk about Windows Microsoft Family Screen Time Not Working issue and how you can easily fix this error.
Windows 10 have an amazing feature known as “Family Time Limits” which allows you to set up limits based on the amount of time that your family members can spend on their devices. This feature is specially designed to help you manage screen time and also ensure that your family members are using their devices responsibly.
Every parent wants to make sure that their child is not wasting their time too much on devices which is not good for their health that is why Family time limits set up comes into play.With this option, you can set daily limits on how much time your child can spend on their device and choose specific times when it can be used. You can also set limits on certain apps and games during certain times. This is a really useful tool for parents who want to make sure their child’s screen time is managed in a healthy way
Microsoft Family Screen Time Not Working
To fix issues with Family Time Limits not working on Windows 10, you can try the following steps:
- Make sure that you have set up Family Time Limits correctly. To do this, go to the “Accounts” section of the Windows Settings and select the “Family & other people” tab. From here, you can invite family members and set up appropriate limits on their account.
- Check that the device being used is connected to the internet. Family Time Limits rely on an internet connection to enforce limits, so if the device is not connected, the limits will not be applied.
- Check that the device is set to the correct time zone. If the device’s time is not set correctly, the Family Time Limits may not function as expected.
- Restart the device. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve issues with the operating system.
- Make sure that the device is running the latest version of Windows. You can check for updates by going to the “Update & Security” section of the Windows Settings.
- If you are still having issues, you may need to reset the Family Time Limits settings. To do this, go to the “Accounts” section of the Windows Settings and select the “Family & other people” tab. From here, you can reset the Family Time Limits for the affected user account.
- Make sure that the device is fully up to date by installing all available updates. You can check for updates by going to the “Update & Security” section of the Windows Settings.
- Check for any software conflicts that may be causing issues with Family Time Limits. For example, if you have any third-party parental control software installed on the device, it may be interfering with the built-in Family Time Limits feature.
- Try creating a new local user account on the device and setting up Family Time Limits for that account. This will help you determine whether the issue is with the user account or with the device itself.
- If you are still having issues, you may want to consider resetting the device to its default settings. This will remove any customization or third-party software that may be causing problems with Family Time Limits.
Here is a summary of the steps you can take to fix issues with Family Time Limits not working on Windows 10:
|1||Make sure that you have set up Family Time Limits correctly.|
|2||Check that the device is connected to the internet.|
|3||Check that the device is set to the correct time zone.|
|4||Restart the device.|
|5||Make sure that the device is running the latest version of Windows.|
|6||Reset the Family Time Limits settings.|
|7||Install all available updates.|
|8||Check for any software conflicts.|
|9||You Should create a new local user account and setting up Family Time Limits for that account.|
|10||Reset the device to its default settings.|
Microsoft Family Not Working Windows 11
There may be an issue with syncing the child account with the server. To troubleshoot this problem, you can try the following steps:
#A) Remove the Child Account and Re add it
To remove a child account from Microsoft Family and add it again, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Accounts” section of the Windows Settings and select the “Family & other people” tab.
- Under the “Your family” section, select the child account that you want to remove.
- Click the “Remove” button.
- Confirm that you want to remove the child account by clicking “Remove” again.
- To add the child account again, click the “Add a family member” button.
- Follow the prompts to add the child account back to Microsoft Family.
- Set up any necessary limits or restrictions for the child account.
#B) Delete the Contents
To delete the contents of the parental control directory, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the parental control directory. The location of this directory will vary depending on your version of Windows and the user account that you are using. Here are a few possible locations:
- C:\Users[User Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
- Select the files and folders that you want to delete. You can use the Ctrl+A key combination to select all of the items in the directory.
- Press the “Delete” key on your keyboard to delete the selected items.
- When prompted to confirm the deletion, click “Yes”.
So above are the some tips and tricks to fix Windows Microsoft Family Screen Time Not Working issue. If your any question you can comment below.